For the record, I am doing this just for fun - for the love of the game!
Off the record, who knows, so wish me luck. Thanks!
Thursday, 3/19/15. First Round:
(14) Northeastern +13 vs (3) Notre Dame, 12:15PM, Pittsburgh, PA, CBS
This should be a high scoring game, as both are very good offensively, the Irish being elite. I'll bet Northeastern can score enough to make this respectable.
(3) Iowa State -14 vs (14) UAB, 12:40PM, Louisville, KY, TRU
Iowa State's on a roll, coming off a Big 12 championship. UAB snuck in the dance from a wide open Conference USA and they do nothing particularly well.
(14) Georgia State +8.5 vs (3) Baylor, 1:40PM, Jacksonville, FL, TBS
Georgia State is a solid team with a couple of big-time transfers on it. I expect Georgia State to keep it close and at least scare the Bears.
(15) Texas Southern +23.5 vs (2) Arizona, 2:10PM, Portland, OR, TNT
Texas Southern is another solid, experienced team that has won at Michigan State and Kansas State this season. I like them to keep it relatively close.
(6) Butler +1.5 vs (11) Texas, 2:45PM, Pittsburgh, PA, CBS
This a match-up of two very good defensive teams, so expect a low scoring affair. I'll take gritty Butler to get the job done, here.
(6) SMU -4 vs (11) UCLA, 3:10PM, Louisville, KY, TRU
UCLA was a surprise selection for the tournament. That doesn't mean they can't win today. But, I'll go with Larry Brown to get SMU over the top with the points, barely.
(6) Xavier -3 vs (11) Ole Miss, 4:10, Jacksonville, FL, TBS
Ole Miss is coming off a historic come-from-behind victory over BYU in the First Four, Tuesday night. Expect another close one today, but Xavier should have a bit more energy.
(7) VCU +4 vs (10) Ohio State, 4:40PM, Portland, OR, TNT
Ohio State has been a bit overrated the entire season and Vegas continues that trend today. VCU seems to have their swagger back after winning the Atlantic 10 crown.
(1) Villanova -23 vs (16) Lafayette, 6:50PM, Pittsburgh, PA, TBS
Nova has struggled in the first round before, but they're on a mission this year, so look for them to roll over the Patriot League foe.
(9) Purdue pk vs (8) Cincinnati, 7:10PM, Louisville, KY, CBS
As the line states, this is a pick em. Give me Purdue because they're a little better at putting the ball in the basket.
(4) North Carolina -11 vs (13) Harvard, 7:20PM, Jacksonville, FL, TNT
This ain't the same Harvard team as the last couple years and UNC finally got some big wins in the ACC Tournament. Take Carolina and the points.
(12) S.F. Austin +6.5 vs (5) Utah, 7:27PM, Portland, OR, TRU
This is a popular upset pick for a reason. Go with SFA, especially getting the points.
(8) NC State -2 vs (9) LSU, 9:20PM, Pittsburgh, PA, TBS
Rolling with the Wolfpack in this one. Gottfried is known to have his teams prepared at tournament time and LSU is just too unpredictable.
(1) Kentucky -34 vs (16) Hampton, 9:40PM, Louisville, KY, CBS
It's been a heck of a run for Hampton out of the MEAC, but it ends here and likely by a whole lot.
(12) Wofford +7.5 vs (5) Arkansas, 9:50PM, Jacksonville, FL, TNT
I like the Razorbacks to win, but Wofford to keep it close. They've been too solid of a team all season.
(13) Eastern Washington +8 vs Georgetown, 9:57PM, Portland, OR, TRU
The Hoyas have no doubt heard all the chatter about their recent March failings, so they will likely be focused. But, EWU can play with almost anyone and Georgetown rarely runs away from anyone.