1. Chet Holmgren – Gonzaga/MN, 7’0, 20yrs – Holmgren’s size and skill set is too revolutionary to pass on. Potential injury is a concern, but that applies to everyone.
2. Jabari Smith – Auburn/GA, 6’10, 19yrs – Size/length, shooting ability and motor are all there. With consistent yearly improvement Smith should be a perennial All-Star.
3. Paolo Banchero – Duke/WA, 19yrs – NBA ready body and all-around game, slight inconsistency is the only concern.
4. Jaden Ivey – Purdue/IN, 6’4, 20yrs – Athleticism and game that is reminiscent of a young D Wade, but had a tendency to disappear in some big games. High level potential here.
5. Bennedict Mathurin/Montreal, Arizona, 6’6, 20yrs –Another NBA ready game and body to go along with an NBA mind and work ethic. He would fit in on any team. Great shooter and attacker of the rim.
6. Keegan Murray, Iowa/IA, 6’8, 21yrs – Came out of nowhere (a 3-star HS recruit), but the late bloomer has a complete game at the 3 and 4 positions and athletic ability to go with it.
7. Dyson Daniels, G League/Australia, 6’7, 19yrs – Great body, versatility and maturity for the 19-year-old who could round into a solid rotational player on a winning team.
8. Jalen Duren, Memphis/PA, 6’11, 18yrs – An absolute beast with an NBA body that has kind of been slept on. Think Bam Adebayo with more offensive upside, but without the intangibles at this point.
9. Shaedon Sharpe, Kentucky/Ontario, 6’5, 19yrs – A Canadian kid with loads of talent and potential at the guard spot that did not play college ball at Kentucky, as was planned. Worth a pick later in the lottery.
10. Jeremy Sochan, Baylor/OK, 6’9, 19yrs – A big and athletic 4-type with maturity beyond his years, a defensive motor, and a better shooter than people think.
11. AJ Griffin, Duke/NY, 6’6, 18yrs – Maybe the best shooter in the draft to go along with an NBA body and high level athleticism. Only question is whether he is emotionally prepared for the NBA, he often disappeared and lost confidence in games for Duke.
12. Johnny Davis, Wisconsin/WI, 6’5, 20yrs – Jumped on the scene for Wisconsin this year showing a polished all-around offensive game, solid athleticism and high competitive spirit. Was a high volume shooter/scorer in college, so he will have to adjust his game.
13. Malaki Branham, Ohio State/OH, 6’5, 19yrs – Good shooter/scorer with solid size, smarts and underrated athleticism.
14. Tari Eason, LSU/WA, 6’8, 21yrs – Do-it-all forward with ball handling and shooting skills, who can finish with authority.
15. Ousmane Dieng, NZ Breakers/France, 6’9, 19yrs –Talented Frenchman with size, athleticism and versatility in his game.
16. Mark Williams, Duke/VA, 7’1, 20yrs – Very long and still raw talent who has shown offensive potential. ACC DPOY showed he enjoys playing on that end of the court and can be a dominating rebounder and shot blocker.
17. Blake Wesley, Notre Dame/IN, 6’4, 19yrs – A dynamic shooting guard with great athleticism. Stepped up as a freshman for Notre Dame, leading them to their first NCAA Tournament in five years.
18. Jalen Williams, Santa Clara/AZ, 6’6, 21yrs –Playmaking forward with a 7’2 wingspan that can score and play defense. Played at a small school in the West Coast Conference, so must prove he can truly hang with the big boys.
19. Walker Kessler, Auburn/GA, 7’1, 20yrs – A true big man with some mobility. Good hands and decent shooting touch, but will be counted on as a rim protector.
20. EJ Liddell, Ohio State/IL, 6’7, 21yrs – A bit undersized as a 4, but makes up for it with athleticism, poise and strength. Has improved his shooting and is a decent playmaker.