1. Kentucky (13-0) - The Wildcats passed their latest test with flying colors, going into Louisville and winning going away. They get a week off for their efforts and start SEC play next Tuesday vs. Ole Miss.
2. Duke (10-0) - The Blue Devils were off last week. They tune up with Toledo and Wofford before their ACC opener with BC on Saturday.
3. Virginia (11-0) - The Cavs, too, were off last week. They host Davidson then travel to Miami this week.
4. Louisville (11-1) - The Cards drop a notch after struggling to score and losing at home to Kentucky. They have Long Beach State and Wake Forest on the docket this week.
5. Wisconsin (12-1) - The Badgers took care of Cal and a game Buffalo squad last week. They start the Big Ten season with winnable games versus Penn State and Northwestern.
6. Gonzaga (11-1) - The Zags got a solid win at BYU last week. They travel to San Diego and Portland this week.
7. Villanova (12-0) - Nova avoided the NJIT scare in grand fashion last week. The Cats host Butler and travel to Seton Hall to start off the Big East season.
8. Arizona (12-1) - Zona gets the side-eye for losing at UNLV last Tuesday night. They host Arizona State in their Pac 12 opener Sunday.
9. Iowa State (9-1) - Cyclones moved up by staying idle last week. They travel all the way to Brooklyn, NY just to play South Carolina Saturday.
10. Texas (10-2) - The Longhorns showed vulnerability in their home loss to Stanford last week. They get Rice and an interesting away game at Texas Tech this week.
11. Utah (9-2) - The Utes coasted to a win over South Dakota State. They host the Pac 12 Los Angeles schools this week.
12. North Carolina (9-3) - UNC blew out poor UAB over the weekend. They shouldn't have much trouble with William & Mary or Clemson this week, either.
13. Oklahoma (8-3) - The Sooners crushed Weber State last week. They host Baylor Saturday.
14. Notre Dame (12-1) - The Irish blew out Northern Illinois last Monday. They host Georgia Tech on Saturday.
15. Maryland (12-1) - The Terps handled Oakland last week. They have a tough start in their new Big Ten home, at Michigan State and versus Minnesota this week.
16. Kansas (9-2) - Bill Self's squad went to Philly and got destroyed by Temple. They now have been outscored 149-92 in their two losses. They're at suddenly dangerous UNLV on Sunday.
17. Ohio State (11-2) - The Buckeyes continued to crush lesser competition last week. They'll have to step it up versus Iowa and Illinois this week.
18. St. John's (10-1) - The Johnnies are off to their best start in years, after taking care of Long Beach State and Tulane. They get Seton Hall and Butler this week.
19. Wichita State (9-2) - Close games finally caught up to the Shockers when they were tripped up by George Washington in Hawaii. They see Drake and Illinois State this week.
20. Northern Iowa (11-1) - The Panthers face Evansville and Loyola Chicago this week, after taking down South Dakota State over the weekend.
21. VCU (9-3) - The Rams blew out East Tennessee State last Monday. They are at Fordham to kick off their Atlantic 10 schedule Sunday.
22. West Virginia (11-1) - Bob Huggins has the Mountaineers looking good, as they prepare for their Big 12 opener at TCU on Saturday.
23. Washington (11-1) - The Huskies lost their first game of the season in shocking fashion to Stony Brook last night. They'll have to regroup quickly for road games at Cal and Stanford this week.
24. Colorado State (12-0)- The Rams remained undefeated with an overtime victory at New Mexico State Saturday. They have tough match-ups with Boise State and New Mexico this week.
25. Baylor (10-1) - The Bears survived a minor scare from Southern seven days ago. They are at Oklahoma on Saturday.
On the outside looking in...
Georgetown (8-3); Minnesota (11-2); San Diego State (9-3); ODU (10-1); Indiana (10-3); Butler (10-3); Michigan State (9-4); TCU (12-0); George Washington (9-3); Providence (10-3).
Post a Comment