2. Duke (8-0) - The Blue Devils were off last week. They face UConn Thursday in New Jersey.
3. Louisville (9-0) - The Cardinals were too much for guard heavy Indiana last week. They have a relatively easy slate until Kentucky on the 27th.
4. Arizona (10-0) - The Cats absolutely destroyed poor Michigan over the weekend. They are at UTEP on Friday.
5. Virginia (9-0) - The Cavs were off last week. They host Harvard in an interesting match-up Sunday.
6. Wisconsin (10-1) - The Badgers took care of Milwaukee and Nicholls State last week. They have this week off.
7. Texas (8-1) - The Longhorns blew out Texas State over the weekend. They have Lipscomb and Long Beach State on the docket this week.
8. Gonzaga (8-1) - The Zags easily took care of two Pac 12 teams last week, including at UCLA Saturday night. Their strength of schedule should drop this week after facing a couple of cream puffs.
9. Villanova (10-0) - Nova beat Illinois in NYC, then had an easy time with Philly rival, Temple. They host former Big East rival, Syracuse, on Saturday.
10. Kansas (8-1) - The Jayhawks survived two tough ones last week, winning at Georgetown and holding off Utah in Kansas City. They host Lafayette on Saturday.
11. Wichita State (6-1) - The Shockers beat up-start Seton Hall and won a tough contest at Detroit last week. They host Alabama tomorrow.
12. Oklahoma (6-2) - The Sooners won at in-state rival Tulsa. They have a nice match-up with Washington on Saturday.
13. Iowa State (8-1) - The Cyclones tallied 3 wins last week, including a big one, at Iowa, with relative ease. They get a chance to two-piece Drake on Saturday.
14. Ohio State (8-1) - OSU continued to feast on cupcakes, with wins over High Point and Morehead State. They will get a change of pace Saturday when they face North Carolina.
15. Utah (7-2) - The Utes proved their early legitimacy last week by winning at BYU and taking Kansas to the wire. They travel to UNLV Saturday.
16. Michigan State (7-3) - The Spartans destroyed Oakland over the weekend. They take on Eastern Michigan and Texas Southern this week.
17. North Carolina (6-3) - UNC was dominated by Kentucky in Lexington. No shame in that, I suppose. They'll get another test Saturday versus Ohio State.
18. Washington (8-0) - The Huskies won a close game with Eastern Washington to remain unbeaten. They get their biggest test of the season, versus Oklahoma, on Saturday.
19. San Diego State (7-2) - The Aztecs beat Long Beach State in a nail biter. They are at Cincinnati on Wednesday for what could look more like rugby than basketball.
20. Miami (9-1) - The Canes had the equivalent of an off week, beating Savannah State. They face Eastern Kentucky on Friday.
21. Notre Dame (10-1) - The Irish blew out Florida State in their first ACC game of the season. They have a neutral court game versus Purdue on Saturday.
22. St. John's (7-1) - The Johnnies breezed past FDU and Fordham last week. They host St. Mary's on Friday.
23. Northern Iowa (9-1) - The Panthers won at Denver, then lost in double overtime at VCU. They have a big one versus Iowa Saturday.
24. Maryland (10-1) - The Terps got two pedestrian victories over North Carolina Central and USC Upstate last week. They up the competition level with a trip to Oklahoma State Sunday.
25. VCU (6-3) - The Rams are back in the rankings after the aforementioned double OT win over UNI. They face Belmont and Cincinnati this week.
On the outside looking in...
West Viginia (9-1); Baylor (8-1); Syracuse; Butler (8-2); Georgetown (6-3); ODU (7-1); Iowa (8-3).
Michigan (5-4); Butler.
Post a Comment