1. Kentucky (12-0) - Big Blue Nation is riding high after completely embarrassing UCLA, 83-44 (41-7 at halftime), on national television over the weekend. They get their biggest test so far at Louisville on Saturday.
2. Duke (10-0) - The Dukies methodically took care of UConn in New Jersey. They are off this week.
3. Louisville (10-0) - The Cardinals survived the ejection of Montrezl Harrell and won a sneaky tough road game at Western Kentucky. Harrell will be forced to miss Tuesday's game versus Cal St. Northridge, but will be there for the showdown against Kentucky, Saturday at the Yum Center.
4. Arizona (12-0) - The Cats survived a surprisingly tough road test at UTEP. They are at struggling UNLV on Tuesday.
5. Virginia (11-0) - The Cavs must've been inspired by Kentucky before destroying Harvard, 76-27, over the weekend. They get this week off for their efforts.
6. Wisconsin (10-1) - The Badgers were idle last week. They are back in action tonight at California.
7. Texas (10-1) - The Longhorns took care of Lipscomb and Long Beach State last week. They host Stanford tomorrow.
8. Gonzaga (10-1) - The Zags took it easy last week with a lazy victory over Cal Poly. They travel to BYU this Saturday.
9. Villanova (11-0) - Nova got all they could handle from Syracuse on Saturday, but found a way to get the W. They face the dangerous NJIT Highlanders on Tuesday.
10. Kansas (9-1) - After an easy win over Lafayette Saturday, the Jayhawks travel to Temple to face the Owls tonight.
11. Wichita State (7-1) - Thanks to a furious champion-like comeback, the Shockers avoided an upset loss to Alabama. They are in Hawaii for the Diamond Head Classic this week.
12. Iowa State (9-1) - The Cyclones blew out Drake last week and are idle this week.
13. North Carolina (8-3) - The enigmatic Tar Heels showed their good side by beating Ohio State from wire to wire Saturday in Chicago. They host UAB this Saturday.
14. Washington (10-0) - The surprising Huskies remained undefeated after beating Oklahoma in Vegas over the weekend. They host Tulane tonight.
15. Utah (8-2) - The Utes won at UNLV Saturday. They host South Dakota State tomorrow.
16. Oklahoma (7-3) - The Sooners lost a tough game to Washington over the weekend. They are home for Weber State tonight.
17. Notre Dame (11-1) - The Irish kept rolling by destroying Purdue Saturday. They host Northern Illinois tonight.
18. Maryland (11-1) - The Terps, still without Dez Wells, picked up a big road win at Oklahoma State yesterday. They have a soft week, as Oakland comes to town Saturday.
19. Ohio State (9-2) - Ohio State's weak early season schedule was illuminated by their double-digit loss to UNC over the weekend. They host Miami Ohio tonight.
20. Northern Iowa (10-1) - The Panthers handled big brother Iowa, 56-44, on Saturday. They are off until Sunday when they face South Dakota State.
21. St. John's (8-1) - The Johnnies played with fire, but came back from a 15-point halftime deficit to beat St. Mary's. They will need to come ready to play versus similarly pesky Long Beach State tonight.
22. VCU (8-3) - Shaka Smart & co. blew out Belmont and a Mick Cronin-less Cincinnati squad last week. They host East Tennessee State tonight.
23. West Virginia (10-1) - Huggy Bear has his team back in the rankings, after a victory over NC State in New York Saturday night. They host Wofford tonight.
24. Baylor (9-1) - The Bears have been solid, with their lone loss coming to Illinois. They are home for Southern tonight.
25. Colorado State (10-0) - Larry Eustachy has his squad undefeated, with wins over UTEP and Colorado. They have what should be an easy one versus Charleston Southern tonight.
On the outside looking in...
San Diego State (8-3); ODU (9-1); Indiana (9-2); Minnesota (9-2); Georetown (7-3); Butler (8-3); Miami (9-2); Michigan State (8-4).
Michigan State; San Diego State; Miami.