By the look of things, it doesn't seem like any of the teams that have occupied the bottom of the rankings truly want to stay there. Once again, there is a mass exodus from 22-25, however, the top 20 seems pretty stable.
This means, right now at least, that the 2015 NCAA bracket (my bracketology will be out next week) is pretty set through the 5 seeds. But after that, it is up for grabs to an unprecedented extent.
Of course, the top of the rankings saw some movement as well this week, with Duke, Louisville, Wisconsin and Arizona all taking Ls. That leaves Kentucky (two overtime victories this week) and Virginia as the country's lone undefeateds.
1. Kentucky (15-0) [LW: 1] Last week: beat Ole Miss 89-86 OT; won at Texas A&M 70-64 2OT. This week: Missouri; at Alabama.
2. Virginia (15-0) [LW: 3] Last week: beat NC State 61-51; won at Notre Dame 62-56. This week: Clemson; at Boston College.
3. Gonzaga (15-1) [LW: 6] Last week: beat San Francisco 88-57; beat Santa Clara 79-57. This week: at Pepperdine; at Loyola Marymount.
4. Duke (14-1) [LW: 2] Last week: won at Wake Forest 73-65; Lost at NC State 87-75. This week: Miami; at Louisville.
5. Louisville (14-2) [LW: 4] Last week: beat Clemson 58-52; lost at North Carolina 72-71. This week: Virginia Tech; Duke.
6. Utah (12-2) [LW: 8] Last week: beat Colorado 74-49. This week: at Arizona State; at Arizona.
7. Villanova (15-1) [LW: 9] Last week: won at St. John's 90-72; beat DePaul 81-64. This week: Xavier; at Penn.
8. Wisconsin (15-2) [LW: 5] Last week: beat Purdue 62-55; lost at Rutgers 67-62. This week: Nebraska.
9. Notre Dame (15-2) [LW: 14] Last week: won at North Carolina 71-70; lost to Virginia 62-56. This week: at Georgia Tech; Miami.
10. North Carolina (12-4) [LW: 11] Last week: lost to Notre Dame 71-70; beat Louisville 72-71. This week: at NC State; Virginia Tech.
11. Kansas (13-2) [LW: 15] Last week: won at Baylor 56-55; beat Texas Tech 86-54. This week: Oklahoma State; at Iowa State.
12. Arizona (14-2) [LW: 7] Last week: won at Oregon 80-62; lost at Oregon State 58-56. This week: Colorado; Utah.
13. Iowa State (12-2) [LW: 16] Last week: beat Oklahoma State 63-61; won at West Virginia 74-72. This week: at Baylor; Kansas.
14. VCU (13-3) [LW: 18] Last week: beat Davidson 71-65; beat St. Joseph's 89-74. This week: at Rhode Island; at Duquesne.
15. Maryland (15-2) [LW: 12] Last week: lost at Illinois 64-57; won at Purdue 69-60. This week: Rutgers; Michigan State.
16. Oklahoma (11-4) [LW: 13] Last week: won at Texas 70-49; lost to Kansas State 66-63 OT. This week: at West Virginia; Oklahoma State.
17. Wichita State (13-2) [LW: 17] Last week: beat Bradley 63-43; won at Loyola Chicago 67-53. This week: Southern Illinois; at Evansville.
18. Texas (12-4) [LW: 10] Last week: lost to Oklahoma 70-49; lost at Oklahoma State 69-58. This week: West Virginia.
19. Northern Iowa (14-2) [LW: 23] Last week: beat Southern Illinois 55-39; won at Drake 64-40. This week: at Bradley; Missouri State.
20. West Virginia (14-2) [LW: 19] Last week: won at Texas Tech 78-67; lost to Iowa State 74-72. This week: Oklahoma; at Texas.
21. Seton Hall (13-3) [LW: 20] Last week: lost at Xavier 69-58; won at Creighton 68-67. This week: Butler.
22. Arkansas (13-2) [LW: NR] Last week: won at Georgia 79-75; beat Vanderbilt 82-70. This week: at Tennessee; Ole Miss.
23. Dayton (13-2) [LW: NR] Last week: won at St. Bonaventure 78-61; won at Fordham 76-58. This week: LaSalle; Saint Louis.
24. Providence (13-4) [LW: NR] Last week: won at Butler 66-62; beat Georgetown 60-57 OT. This week: St. John's; at Creighton.
25. Michigan State (12-5) [LW: NR] Last week: beat Indiana 70-50; won at Iowa 75-61; beat Northwestern 84-77 OT. This week: at Maryland.
On the outside looking in:
Baylor (12-3); Oklahoma State (11-3); Alabama (11-3); Wyoming (13-2); Ohio State (13-4); Syracuse (12-4); Butler (12-5); Iowa (11-5); Indiana (12-4); Davidson (10-3); SMU (11-4); Colorado State (14-2); Georgetown (10-5); St. John's (10-4)
Butler; BYU (12-5); Iowa; Colorado State.
Post a Comment